Make Your Home Blossom: Decor Tips
Springtime is renowned for new beginnings and fresh starts. As the winter months come to an end and the days get longer, many homeowners start thinking about new ways to freshen up their living spaces. Spring is the season of renewal, and what better way to embrace it than by breathing some life back into your property after a harsh, cold winter.
Start With Your Front Yard
First impressions matter, and your front yard is the first thing that people see when they come to your home. A well-maintained front yard shows that you care about your spaces, which makes your home seem much more inviting. This is true no matter if they’re friends, family or a potential buyer.
- Start by cleaning up any debris that may have accumulated during the winter months.
- This includes fallen leaves, broken branches and other debris that may have blown into or settled on your yard.
- Consider planting some fresh flowers to add a pop of color and interest.
- Try matching your front porch decor to your gardens to create a cohesive look.
- Frequently rake up any leaves that accumulate and dispose of them properly.
- Buildup of leaves can block sunlight and other critical nutrients from getting to your lawn.
- Dethatch, aerate and fertilize your lawn appropriately.
- This will promote the fullness and colour of your grass.
- Don’t go overboard with landscaping, but remember that a little bit of effort can go a long way.
- Look for patches where your lawn may have been damaged and do what you can to fix them as early as possible.
Add a Pop of Color
Spring is all about color, so why not add a splash here and there? Careful not to use too many though, as your curb appeal can quickly become mismatched and cluttered. Consider painting your front door a bright color, or adding some colorful shutters or window boxes. This is a simple, yet affordable way to make your home stand out among others. (Consider choosing one of the top paint colours of 2023!)
Springtime is characterized by its longer days and abundance of natural light — make the most of it! Clean your windows, remove any heavy drapes and replace them with lighter curtains. Keep them wide open during the daytime to heat and brighten your spaces without running up a power bill. This will not only make your home feel more spacious, but it will also create a more inviting atmosphere for your guests.
Focus on The Details
Oftentimes it’s the smaller details that can make the biggest impact. Consider installing external lighting appliances or accent lighting to help showcase the most flattering angles of your home during the evening hours. Try replacing your door handles, updating your house number or giving a fresh coat to your windows and doors. You would be surprised what a difference these small changes can make in the bigger picture.
Outdoor Living Spaces
We’re sure you’ve been counting down until you can use your outdoor living spaces, so make sure they’re ready for use when the day comes! Clean off your patio furniture and go searching for some colorful/seasonal cushions and throw pillows. Consider adding a fire pit or building a gazebo to create a cozy atmosphere for you, and any guests you may be entertaining.
Kitchen and Bathrooms
Your kitchen and bathrooms are some of the most frequented spaces in your home, so updating them can have a big impact. Consider upgrading your lighting fixtures, replacing aging appliances or swapping out your outdated hardware. Consider painting your cabinets or adding a new backsplash to breathe some personality into the space. These updates don’t have to be expensive, but they can sure make a big difference in the look and feel of your home.
Making your home stand out this spring doesn’t have to be a major undertaking. It’s a matter of focusing on the simple updates, such as adding color to your home, letting in natural light, updating your kitchen and bathrooms and sprucing up your outdoor spaces. If you have any questions about spring maintenance or how to prepare your home for sale, don’t hesitate to reach out and ask.